Calligram

 

For this project, I used the butterfly because it symbolizes freedom. and growth and that is what  I hope to achieve in 20 years. To make this I used the pen tool to create the outline of the butterfly then I filled it in using the text tool and the words from my letter to myself. The most difficult part of this project was drawing the butterfly. I had a hard time making it look even and getting the words to all fit in the space. I chose the cursive font because I thought it matched the delicateness of a butterfly and I picked a lavender color because it is my favorite. 


Letter to myself:

Dear Sinclaire, 

It’s 20 years later and you’re now 38. Currently you’re sitting in class writing this letter even though it was due before class. This letter is for the next art project we’re doing and we’re trying to meet a word count. We’re learning how to use illustrator but you’re listening to treat people with kindness by harry. I hope in 20 years we’re doing something big with our life. Did we decide to have kids? Or get married? 

You’re majoring in international business and economics but we don’t know what we want to do with it yet. You’re very much enjoying your freshman year at Tampa, I hope the next couple years go well too. We miss our dogs Hunter and Stella. Parents weekend was last week, mom and dad visited. You’re getting along really well with your roommates too. Specifically Mara and Alyssa. You and Mara are going to Harry's concert on Sunday! I hope he’s still doing well. 

After class you’re going to watch the yankees playoff game against the red sox. We saw Venom: Let There Be Carnage, it was good. I hope we still love action movies. Unpopular opinion but The Godfather is slightly overhyped. They were good but everyone makes them seem like cinematic masterpieces when they’re just okay. Maybe in 20 years our opinion will change. 

Adele just lowkey announced her new album 30. We've been in an Adele phase recently. Your high school friends are doing well! You’re seeing Mel on Nov 13th and everyone else for thanksgiving. The biggest issue in your life at the current moment is the AA meeting we just had. We had a misconduct meeting today cause we got caught with alcohol in our friend Avery’s dorm room. You got another tattoo a couple weeks ago, a lightning bolt on your hip. I wonder how many tattoos we have now. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Somewhere

Autoscopy

Business Cards